Thursday, December 8, 2016

Rude Victoria's Secret Lady!

I decided to share this story because I'm curious if this has ever happened to anyone else.  This occurred several years ago, but it still baffles me that a sales lady would act this way.  

Before I get into the story, I just want to say I love Victoria's Secret and I don't think this reflects their company.  This was just one rude lady who was having a bad day for all I know.  I still shop there and love their merchandise.

Several years ago, my husband and I went to the Victoria's Secret at our local mall.  I had a free underwear coupon and wanted to look at sleep shorts.  We walked into the store and were greeted my a middle aged blonde woman who was fairly pleasant and asked if she could help us with anything.  I showed her the coupon and she directed us towards the display of free panties.  Normally the sales people will give you space to decide, but since it wasn't very busy she stayed and asked me what my size was.  I told her medium and she handed me the underwear.

My husband and I browsed a little in that same area and came across some sleep shorts I liked.  I was looking for an X-small because that's the size I always wear in their clothing.  There were no X-smalls except on the mannequin.  The lady who helped us before was in close proximity and came over.  I asked her if I could try on the shorts that were on the display mannequin because there were no other X-smalls out.  

She gave me the weirdest look and said in a snobby voice "Our sizes all run the same.  I just gave you a medium.  Why do you need an X-small?"  I was shocked.  For all she knew I was getting the underwear for a friend and the shorts for me.  But either way, who cares if I want to buy two different sizes?  She was supposed to assist us so we would buy from her store, but now she was acting like I was doing something wrong.  

Thinking back, maybe she just didn't want to take the shorts off the mannequin, but she still didn't have to be so rude.  I didn't know what to say so my husband spoke up and said "Those are the sizes she's always been.  What's the problem?"  He's very protective of me.

She looked at us like we were crazy and continued to talk about how it makes no sense I would wear both of those sizes.  There was an awkward silence and I just wanted to get the hell out of there.  I said, "Okay, never mind, I just want to look around."  She walked away and I told my husband I wanted to leave.  I put the underwear back and when we left the store we were both upset and confused.  He tried to cheer me up and said "Let's just go to the Victoria's Secret at the Town Center."

We ended up going there and getting help from a very nice sales associate who did not question why I wanted two different sizes.  Maybe my body is just weird or I like things to fit differently than most people, but to this day, those are still the sizes I wear at Victoria's Secret.  

I never saw that lady again, and I wonder if she acted that way to a different customer and they complained, resulting in her getting fired.  It wouldn't surprise me.  Please leave me a comment if you've ever had a similar experience with rude people like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment