Thursday, December 1, 2016

Our Wedding Day

Yesterday I wrote about my Wedding Disaster, where I discussed how the DJ ruined many aspects of my wedding.  Today I want to share the full story of my wedding because it definitely wasn't all bad.  I figured it's the perfect day to do so since today is my four year anniversary with my husband, Brian.

If you've read my love story, you know I married my 5th grade crush.  I'm writing this for anyone who is planning their wedding so you can understand how the day will probably not go as planned, and that's okay.  My wedding was beautiful, fun, frustrating, joyful, and a mess, all at the same time.  But at the end of the day, all that mattered was I was with Brian.  God brought us together at the perfect time.

At the beginning of 2012, we were trying to decide our wedding date.  We chose December 1st of that year and were happy with that choice for a while.  As the months went by, it seemed like December would never come.  We discussed whether or not to change the date, but after praying about it separately, we both agreed December 1st was the day.

Throughout the whole year of 2012, we met with our officiant and his wife for premarital counseling.  I believe it was very beneficial because it focused on what our lives would be like after the wedding and we learned a lot about each other.

If you've ever planned a wedding, you know how stressful it can be.  We had a few problems, but overall, everything came together beautifully.  I don't know what I would have done if our families hadn't been there to help with all the last minute details.



When the day of the wedding finally arrived, I was overwhelmed with a variety of emotions.  I was excited, nervous, happy, and thankful to be surrounded with friends and family who were helping create this event.  There was only supposed to be a 10 percent chance of rain, but it ended up drizzling most of that day.  The wedding was at 4 and thankfully it cleared up as guests were arriving.

The venue was at a golf course about 5 minutes from my parents house, so my bridesmaids and I got ready there.  I remember when everyone left and it was just me and my parents waiting to leave, I was trying to eat peanuts because I wasn't able to eat much lunch.  When I walked into the venue and saw Brian's mom, I lost it and started crying.  I think that was the moment it hit me that this was really happening.  They were happy tears and after freshening  up in the bathroom, my mom, Brian's mom, and some other ladies prayed with me which helped calm me down.



The ceremony was beautiful and just as we were finishing our vows, a rainbow appeared behind us.  It was another gift from God on our special day.  We got lots of pictures and went in to enjoy the ceremony and a delicious dinner.





Towards the end of the night Brian snuck me back to the tree where we got married.  The sun was down so you could really see the lights glowing in the mason jars.  He held me, kissed me, and we had a brief special moment together away from all the noise.



We left at around 8 and when we got to the car we discovered some of the guys had booby trapped it.  They wrote on the outside with car paint, put Vaseline on the steering wheel, and turned the heat on and hid the control knobs in the glove compartment.  As we drove away I realized I had to pee, so we went to my parent's house since it was so close.  I unzipped my dress so I could breathe easier and because it was so hot in there.  I'm sure we looked crazy when we pulled up to their house, which was later confirmed when we spoke to their neighbors who were lucky enough to have caught a glimpse of us.




After we got situated, I realized I forgot my purse so we had to go back to the venue.  Brian didn't even stop the car as I grabbed the purse from the best man and we were on the way to our honeymoon condo.  I'll never forget the electric energy in the car that night.  We were so full of joy and excitement.

We became one for the first time that night and words do not suffice for how amazing it was.  It was well worth the wait, but that's a whole other topic...



2 comments:

  1. Great article..I am looking so forward to your blogcomment and
    I love your page on your post.. That is so pretty..
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete