Tuesday, June 14, 2016

"Old West" Photo Shoot Haul

Today's post is just for fun.  I'm all about the memories and these photos always make me laugh and remember good times.  For someone who is shy, hates attention, and doesn't like having her picture taken, I've participated in a lot of vintage photo shoots.  Yes, I'm talking about the tourist shops where you dress up in period costumes with alcohol and gun props to get pictures made.  It sounds silly, but it's a lot of fun.  This might end up being pretty embarrassing, but I'm willing to risk it.  


This first one was taken in Gatlinburg, Tennessee when I was 11 years old.  It was our first real family vacation.  One night we were walking around downtown and when we saw the vintage photo shop my parents spontaneously decided to get a picture made.  Somehow, we all just knew to not smile.




All the rest were taken in Saint Augustine.  They have several of these shops in the downtown area.  I was with my friend and her mom and we decided to get this picture made.  I was about 13 and I look like I didn't quite know what I was doing, especially next to my friend who was definitely in character.




I believe I was 14 in this one.  My cousins were visiting from Ohio and everyone wanted to walk around Saint Augustine.  My sister and I are the two in the middle.  




These were taken in 2006, when I was 16, with my sister and our friends. I'm not sure why, but this one always makes me laugh.  Maybe it's my short haircut or that you can see my jeans under the costume.




The last and most recent one is from 2011 with my then boyfriend, now husband.  It's hard to choose, but this one might be my favorite.

If you've never participated in one of these before, I suggest you try it.  It's fun, fairly inexpensive, and you'll never forget the memories you make in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment