Thursday, June 9, 2016

The Best Chemical Free Deodorant That Actually Works

When I was 8 years old, my mom asked the doctor why my body odor was so bad.  He assured my mom this was normal for girls my age on the brink of puberty.  As I got older I learned to use antiperspirant to prevent the pungent smell.  This became a normal part of my life and I never questioned it until some years later when a woman at our church shared her experience with breast cancer.  She was the first one to tell me about how dangerous commercial deodorants, especially antiperspirant types, can be.  It makes sense when you really think about it.  Our bodies are constantly working to detox the unavoidable chemicals and toxins we're exposed to.  The sweat from our underarms is one way it does that. By blocking that outlet with a chemical substance, we are keeping those poisons inside our bodies.  I was concerned about this, but I was more embarrassed by my natural stench that I didn't change my deodorant use for many years.  Finally, I discovered a home made deodorant recipe from certified nutritionist, Kimberly Snyder.  For me to be able to say it prevents me from stinking all day, means it will pretty much work on anyone!  The recipe is very simple.  You only need four ingredients. 


Just mix together:
3 TBS Coconut oil
2 TBS Arrowroot starch
2 TBS Baking Soda
15 drops essential oil

Store it in a small glass container.  It doesn't take much to keep you smelling fresh all day.   I've noticed my underarms are very sensitive if I apply it right after shaving so I'd recommend shaving the night before and then putting it on in the morning so your pores can close up before direct contact.  Try it for yourself and see how great you can smell without the use of unnatural products.


Here is Kimberly's video.  This is how I discovered this amazing recipe so I have to give her the credit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment