Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Prank Gone Wrong!

I've talked about some of my pranks before in the blog The Red Fox Strikes Again, which explains the title of this page.  Today I thought I'd share a hilarious story that really happened to me when I was about 10 years old.  

It was summer time in the year 2000 and I was bored at home.  My little sister was at a friend's house and I was trying to think of something fun to do.  I came up with the idea to booby trap her room.  

The first step was to put toilet paper on top of her fan so it would fly all over the room the next time she turned it on.  Next, I put hair curlers in her bed.  




Then, I got a plastic cup and filled it with water before taping a piece of thread to it and placing it on top of her open door.  The other end was taped to the wall so when she opened the door, the water would dump on her head.  And finally, I used more thread and taped it across the door below her eye level, so she wouldn't notice before running into it.



  
My plan was set so I decided to find something else to do.  I had lunch with my mom and then played with Barbies for a few hours.  The phone rang and I jumped up, excited to see who it was.  This was another opportunity for a prank, depending on who was calling.  I quickly ran to the nearest phone, which happened to be in my sister's room...but I was unable to answer it.  I ran right into the thread as the water spilled on me and the cup clonked me on the head.  I had fallen into my own trap.  I was so embarrassed I didn't tell anyone what happened.  

But later that night, my sister got a big surprise when she got into bed and turned on the fan! 





No comments:

Post a Comment