Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Urban Outfitters Apartment Merch Haul

I've always been very particular about most things in my life.  I know what I like and I know what I don't like.  This results in a struggle to find things that are my style.  Say what you want about Urban Outfitters, but they have high quality merchandise.  They're the one store where I can always find something, whether it's clothes, accessories, or apartment décor.  I'd rather spend a little more money on items I know are high quality and will last.  Today I wanted to share and review all my UO apartment purchases.  I'll link any items still on their website.






This has been great beginner player for me and my husband.  We got into collecting records over a year ago and decided to get something that wasn't super pricey.  We got just the player for about $100 and I wish we had gotten the speakers, but we didn't see them at the store.  The built in speakers are okay, but they're not very powerful for records.  On the other hand, the auxiliary mode allows you to plug in your phone and the volume gets significantly louder when using this feature.  It does have a radio option, but I hate the radio so I haven't used it.  This player is easy to use and is a great value for the price.



Records


The records I've purchased in the store are Homesick by A Day to Remember, Nirvana's Nevermind, and Death Cab for Cutie's Kintsugi.  They have a wide variety of music genres available in the store and online, so it's pretty easy to find records for your collection.




Pictured in the center.

I loved this picture as soon as I saw it.  I love nature art, especially with trees, so this was an especially easy choice for me.  We have the smallest size (8x10) but it comes in a variety of larger sizes.



13x13 Mareike Bohmer Grass 2 Art Print

Pictured on the right.

Unfortunately, this wall art is discontinued.  We got it on sale right before they ran out and I think it fits nicely with our nature theme.



I immediately fell in love with this artwork because I think foxes are beautiful and majestic and I love the background.  I had my eye on this for several months and just couldn't forget about it.  This is also in the 8x10 size and larger sizes are available.

4040 Locust Embroidered Arrow Pillows


These pillows are awesome and fit perfectly with our style.  I couldn't find them on the site anymore, so I'm guessing they're discontinued, but they still have the 4040 Locust Black + White Arrows Shower Curtain with the same unique design.

Kris Tate For DENY Forest Fleece Blanket




This is another discontinued item, but I love it so much.  I love Native American art so this blanket immediately grabbed my attention.  Not only is it gorgeous, but it's incredibly soft as well.



Dark Blue Rag Rug


I'm not even sure if this is the official name of the rug, but it's the rug I have in my kitchen.  My husband bought it in 2012 so it must be discontinued.  It's held up all these years, even after washing it a few times.  It's soft and comfortable to stand on and it's unique compared to the other boring options we often saw when looking for a kitchen rug.



Speaking of unique rugs, we got these awesome and simple rugs for our bathroom.  They are the 2x3 size in grey.  There are other color and size options available on the website.





I love this triangle design shower curtain.  The DENY brand always has unique designs and I was thrilled when I ordered this one.  The background color is a little more off white than I expected, but it looks amazing in my bathroom.  It definitely encompasses my style in that it's simple, unique, and modern.





Last year I was searching for a new comforter since the duvet my husband and I had was becoming a pain in the butt.  I specifically searched for a comforter and found this gorgeous one on sale.  It is super soft and comfortable.  We have a queen sized bed, but ordered a king because we like the oversized look and feel.  I think it looks sophisticated in our room and the grey color is a nice contrast against the black pallet board bed frame.  The pillow cases are also soft and eventually I'd like to get some throw pillows to complete the look.



Firefly String Lights (Pictured above the bed)

I love these lights because they add a romantic vibe to the bedroom.  They are easily molded and were easy to hang with a few nails on the wall.  This type has a plug in.





I also love these battery powered lights because there's a little more freedom to where you can place them.  They are made of the same flexible wire as the plug in kind, so you can wrap them around whatever you want.




Also pictured in the center of the dresser above.

I started seeing a lot of these terrariums pop up in the store and thought they looked cool.  I didn't know what I'd do with it, but I knew I wanted one.  I think they can be used for plants, but I like mine as a dresser decoration and it looks great with the string lights.





After reading an article about the dangers of chemicals in commercial candles, I began to search for alternatives.  Apparently, soy candles are the healthier option.  As a candle lover, I was excited to try some soy options from UO.  I absolutely love these Amber jar ones.  Not only do they look awesome, they come in amazing scents.  I got the Spiced Pumpkin and Teakwood & Tobacco.  I like earthy scents so I was thankful for these choices.  I got the $20 medium sized ones.  I still haven't burned them yet, but since fall is approaching, they'll probably be burning soon.



Printed Tin Candle in Black Tea + Mint


I got this candle on sale and it is discontinued, but they have similar ones the website.  I like the small jar design and the scent.






I recently got these soy candles because of the amazing scents and classic jars.  I got the Tobacco + Patchouli and Black Coconut + Amber scents.  I'm excited to start burning these as well.



I hope this inspires you to check out your local Urban Outfitters and spruce up your home décor with some high quality pieces.  Let me know what your favorite décor items are!

No comments:

Post a Comment