Thursday, September 1, 2016

How Beauty Detox Changed My Life

Recently I was featured on celebrity nutritionist, Kimberly Snyder's blog for my Beauty Detox transformation.  I shared how her books influenced the health of my skin in a previous blog, My Journey to Clear Skin.  Today, I wanted to expand on this because the Beauty Detox philosophy has benefited me in much more than just helping my complexion.  

I grew up on the Standard American Diet.  My body was not perfect, but I was surviving just fine.  But what was the state of my health?  My skin was congested, I had low energy, my hair was damaged, and my digestive health wasn't as efficient as it could have been.

The point is, yes you can survive perfectly fine on an unhealthy diet.  But what if you are only just surviving?  What if there was a way to survive and thrive?  That's what the Beauty Detox lifestyle is all about.  It's about eating for your best health and focusing on what foods are going to help your body clear out toxins, not build them up.

Living this lifestyle has opened my eyes to many different things.  For example, the overwhelming deception surrounding food and beverages in this country.  Large companies are making a ton of money by deceiving us every day.  They want us to believe their products are beneficial so we’ll continue to buy them.  You may have never thought about this, or if you have, you may not care.  I’m writing this because I do care.  I care that millions of people are overweight, sick, and unhappy with their bodies.  It breaks my heart to see people struggling with a variety of afflictions when the solution is so simple.  That's why I have to share this. 

I was one of those miserable people for so long.  I hated what I saw in the mirror, but had no idea how to change it.  In 2014, I was working as a nanny.  One afternoon, between me and two toddlers, we almost finished a bag of chips.  It wasn't unusual for me to eat junk food like this and I always felt awful afterwards.  It was then I decided I couldn't live like this anymore.  Something had to change.  I started researching nutrition and praying for a solution to my acne.

God led me down a path of health discovery.  First, my husband and I cleaned out our pantry and fridge, getting rid of all processed food.  The desire to learn about nutrition led me to finding the Beauty Detox books.  

I had always felt pride in eating meat and thought the idea of being vegan was ridiculous.  Then, I read The Beauty Detox Solution and it completely changed my mind.  The simple, non-judgmental, scientific facts stated in that book made me realize I had to reduce my meat consumption and cut out dairy.  I look back on times in my life when the vegan diet had been displayed in a pushy way and how that was not effective at all.  What a blessing it was to discover it the way I did.

It was a gradual process, but I'm now eating a vegan diet 98% of the time.  My husband is a hunter, so I do eat venison occasionally.  Other than that, I'm extremely happy with the delicious vegan options I have.  As a result, my skin has drastically improved, I have more energy than ever before, my hair is silkier, and my mind is clearer.  I've also noticed a drastic improvement in my digestive health, which is key to looking and feeling your best.

Another great part of Beauty Detox is you don't have to worry about taking a lot of supplements.  With this diet, you're getting a wide variety of nutrition.  Probiotics and Detoxy are the only supplements I take.  The probiotics promote healthy gut bacteria and the Detoxy has been extremely helpful to me and my husband for it's ability detoxify our systems gently.

The pros of this lifestyle far outweigh any cons.  I do have to explain my diet more often and most of the time people are very understanding.  In the instances when people have expressed misguided concern, I explain I feel better eating this way.  I'm confident in my decisions so I don't feel the need to go into an unnecessary debate.  I do have to put more effort into food planning and prep, but it definitely beats acne, low energy, and feeling sick.

This lifestyle does require self discipline.  Some days I slip up and eat too much sugar, but then I feel sick and remember my health goals.  This is not a temporary program, it is permanent for me.  I've found I don't even desire the foods I used to crave because I know how harmful they are and in the beginning when I did "cheat" I felt weighed down and tired.  I also don't feel I'm missing out on anything because the foods I'm eating now are full of flavor and I know they're good for my body.  This lifestyle helped me shape my daily routine by making meal plans easy with Beauty Detox recipes that have been easy to implement.

Yoga is another aspect I love about this lifestyle.  I had already began to dabble in it when I started Beauty Detox, so it encouraged me even more to keep up with my at home yoga practice when I learned Kimberly Snyder promotes it as well.

Another aspect I'd like to acknowledge is the financial side of eating healthy.  I would rather spend more money on healthy food and sacrifice in other areas than spend less on cheap food resulting in not feeling good and looking worse.  I see it all the time where people use money as an excuse to not buy organic and settle for junk food.  It all comes down to priorities.  Do you care more about your health or going shopping for things you don't need?
  
I've also heard the argument it doesn't matter what you eat because many people have horrible diets and live until they're 90.  The examples I've been given are of people who are yes, at an advanced age, but are being kept alive by medications with serious side effects.  I would rather take care of my body now than be an old woman relying on medicines to keep me alive.  Low quality food causes disease and cancer and what will your quality of life be when you're 90?  What seems convenient and cheap now costs you later and in the mean time you're overweight and sick.

I’m not trying to make anyone feel guilty.  My desire is for you to take an interest in your health and the health of your loved ones.  For me personally, the best way to motivate lifestyle changes is to do my own research and I encourage you to do the same.  What I learned inspired me so much I have to share it with as many people possible.  I've never felt better, I've never looked better, and I can't wait to see how much more I continue to improve as the years go by.



To learn more about the lifestyle, go right to the source.  Click here to price the books on Amazon.  You can buy Detoxy and the Probiotics by clicking here.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well..
    detoks

    ReplyDelete