Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Sally B's Skin Yummies Tamanu Luxury Facial Cleanser Review


I've discussed skin health quite often on this blog because I have struggled with maintaining a clear complexion most of my life and I want to help others avoid the hassles I've experienced.  Today I want to share with you the absolute best face wash I've found.

In my previous blog, My Journey to Clear Skin, I talk about how I had tried everything from Proactive, to acne prescriptions, and nothing seemed to work.  The key to my skin finally clearing up has been changing my diet and living the Beauty Detox lifestyle.

This means I'm researching beyond food and into all aspects of my life.  Skin care products are often full of chemicals that absorb into your skin and cause your body to have to work harder to get them out of your system.

I found an article called, The Fountain of Youth? The Shocking Truth About What's in Your Skin Care Products, written by Kimberly Snyder, and it has been a huge help in determining what I now put on my face.  In this post, she discusses many dangerous ingredients often found in skin care products.  I checked the face wash I was using and was disappointed to learn it contained Sodium Laureth Sulfate.  Since this ingredient was on the list of those to avoid, I decided I had to find a more natural alternative.

That's when I found Sally B's Skin Yummies Tamanu Luxury Facial Cleanser.   I know, it's a mouth full, but it works.  I use it to wash my face every morning and at night I use it with my Clarisonic.  This product is unique because it's made with organic ingredients, is vegan and gluten-free, and they do not test on animals.  It's also great for all skin types and a little goes a long way so it lasts a while.

I'd like to share my experience of when I began using this product, because at first, I wasn't so convinced.  I was used to a cleanser that stripped my face of oils, so for the first week, my face felt oily after washing it.  I considered going back to my old cleanser because I did break out for about two days.  I applied tea tree oil to the blemishes, which thankfully cleared up very quickly.  I think my skin had to rebalance itself because it wasn't used to the oils in the face wash.  But after about a week, my face no longer felt oily after washing and it has never looked or felt better.

I'm extremely happy living this lifestyle and thankful I found this new skin care routine.  I would recommend this face wash to everyone, especially those who struggle with acne.  I believe in investing in your health and beauty, so this product is worth the cost.

Please check out the blog post linked above and see if your skin care products contain any of the listed harmful chemicals.  Also, leave me a comment if you decided to try the Tamanu cleanser and tell me how you like it.  The benefits gained from this research are so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment